The National Leisure & Culture Forum
The National Leisure & Culture Forum was established in 2005 to bring together all the professional bodies representing those working across the cultural services in the public sector.
Jane Wilson, the Chair of Arts Development UK, is Chair of the NLCF, taking over from Mark Taylor of the Museums Association and previous to that, Iain Varah (Past Chair of Chief Culture & Leisure Officers Association)
The National Leisure & Culture Forum provides:
- A single point of contact for public sector culture, sport and leisure
- A mechanism for the development of common views on key current issues
- A single body of sector leaders for consultation on policy and strategy direction
- An efficient and effective means of coordinating activity across the sector
- A representative voice for a large proportion of professionals involved in the culture, sport and leisure sector.
The National Leisure & Culture Forum was commissioned to deliver programmes to support the implementation of A Passion for Excellence including the Leading Learning programme developing future leaders in the cultural and sports sector and the Improvement Project, delivering CPD around improvement to ‘middle managers’ and producing advocacy/good practice documents.
The forum has 3 priorities for action;
- Leadership and Advocacy for the sector
- Delivering and supporting A Passion for Excellence
- Communication to the whole of the sector.
NCF member organisations include:
|Arts Development UK|
NCF supporting organisations include:
|Department for Culture Media and Sport|
|Department for Communities and Local Government|
|Local Government Group|